Thursday, October 28, 2010

3 reasons why I'm a bad business traveler

Ok, I'm not actually a bad business traveler, but I have 3 things working against me:

1. My hatred of being late or cutting things close. So many of my colleagues leave the office with just enough time to spare to get to the airport, go through security and board the plane. I'm much more likely to be there early!
2. My hatred of driving. I've found myself in completely foreign (to me) areas facing an hour drive with no navigation system. I can't think of much worse than that situation!
3. My love of planning (and seeming lack of interest in planning by some colleagues)! I have a day of meetings scheduled at 2 hospitals that are part of system next Thursday. I want to book travel but can't seem to get the necessary information out of my colleagues (which hospital we're going to first, what time the day starts, ends, etc). I think this goes hand in hand with my hated of cutting things close! On my last trip a colleague had flown to Duluth and drove to Grand Rapids without booking either a hotel or a return flight! Not for me!

On the other hand...I bet I can get my liquids out, laptop in a tray, shoes off and through the metal detectors before you!

1 comment: