Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I've been a bad blogger...

I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind! I went on vacation, I went to Canada, I went to New Jersey, there were crafts, Sunday night dinners, Friday night dinners
 and I turned old (25), not to mention work.

Let's start with vacation:

My family and I went to Punta Cana last month. It was the first time my work travel has actually come in handy with for my personal life. We happened to be flying Continental and with my status on United we were able to check 8 pieces of luggage for free, board sooner and get our luggage tagged as priority.  Unfortunately I'm not nearly important enough (unlike this guy...just ask him...) to get upgrades on international flights.

My parents treated us to a nice hotel with lots of activities. Activities are important to me. I don't do idle well. I wanted to have a few days by the beach or pool but a whole week would probably make me crazy. Fortunately I was able to keep busy. My parents and I played golf twice, a couple of shots were even good. We were able to take kayaks out whenever we wanted. Most of us went snorkling. My sister and brother tried windsurfing. And I tried scuba diving for the first time, which I loved! We only went about 15 feet down, I think I would have to get certified to do much more than that...and I probably will. I definitely want to do it again.

It was a great trip. Can't thank my parents enough for the treat!

Some favorite pictures below:
Did I mention the rooms were swim up suites? Who doesn't love floating to a bar?
 Windsurfing
We travel by golf cart.
Caught a fish!
Troopers! After some pretty serious waves we were still able to get a bit of fishing in.
And the obligatory, I was home so I took pictures of my puppies, picture

No comments:

Post a Comment