Tuesday, June 28, 2011

IOU Canada

In the last day and half I've driven approximately 231 miles through 2 countries.

I kicked off my update New York client (hereby known as the "Canadian Client") this week. My colleague and I flew into Syracuse, drove 2.5 hours to the hospital and then went our separate ways today. My colleague drove back to Syracuse while I gave Montreal a try.

The drive was a little stressful. Our clients kept talking about how border patrol had really been cracking down and pulling people over more often so I was a bit on edge. Pulling up to a toll manned by 1 person with a line of cars behind me and no cash didn't help. After about 5 minutes of explaining to the agent that I had no cash and no way of getting any and they had no way of processing a credit card (which is not what their sign would lead you to believe) or allowing me to mail my payment in, he finally let me go through. So, apologies Canada, I owe you $3.25.

Unfortunately I spent the rest of the drive tense as well as I didn't have GPS, had no idea where I was and didn't understand the speed limits. Fortunately the trip was uneventful.

So far I'm impressed with the Montreal airport. They take their security super seriously. More than half a dozen different people looked at or scanned my boarding pass (and I'm not even on the plane yet). I particularly liked going through US Customs here. I'm slightly less stressed about the hour I have to change planes in Philly!

No comments:

Post a Comment