Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Light at the end of the tunnel...

The 2 weeks before Christmas are always crazy. Friday, December 17th is my company Christmas party and I'm headed home to NJ for two weeks the next day. However in the meanwhile I'm traveling a ton and have a lot of work to wrap up. Knowing I have 2 weeks to recuperate makes it a little bit easier!

The last few days have been particularly painful. This past weekend I was in Atlantic City and I didn't go to sleep before 4am Friday or Saturday night. Sunday I was asleep by 8 am but had to wake up at 4am.  Monday morning I flew 2 flights to Des Moines, IA for 3 hours of back to back meetings. That afternoon I flew 2 additional flights to Duluth. Intellectually I knew I would be cold in both Des Moines and Duluth but I was prepared for the reality of it all. It was definitely in the negatives when I got into Duluth last night. We (I was traveling with a colleague) landed at 11:25 but it took us a while to get out of the airport because they did not have our car ready for us. And then when it arrived and we went out to start it after completing the paperwork the battery had died and it wouldn't start...so they had to go get another car. Words can not express how miserable I was at that point. Let me remind you - I had been up since 4am and it was now after 12am...and -3 degrees (at least)! Fortunately we got to the hotel without incident and I was able to get about 5 hours of sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment