Thursday, December 2, 2010

On the cusp...

I'm on the cusp of reaching at least the first level of status with my primary airline, hotel chain and car rental agency. There were times when I thought I would make by year's end. But this time next week I should be Premier on United, Gold Preferred Guest with Starwood and a member of #1 Club Gold Five Star at Hertz.
What does that all mean?

At United I will now be eligible for: 
  • Complimentary seats in Economy Plus
  • Unlimited Domestic Upgrades
  • 25% bonus award miles
  • 2 Checked bags for free (as if I ever checked my luggage)
  • Priority check-in and boarding (this is key!)
At Starwood Hotels (Sheraton, Four Points, W, etc) I will now be eligible for:
  • 50% bonus Starpoints
  • Enhanced Rooms
  • Late checkout
  • Complimentary weekday newspaper
  • Gold Preferred Guest Special Customer Service Number
  • Check-cashing privileges up the $300 (woo hoo)
At Hertz I will now be eligible for:
  • Free rental days (with limited black-out dates)
  • Special savings offers that can be used anytime
  • One-car class upgrades
  • A 10% bonus on #1 Awards Points on qualified rentals
With the drastic increase in the amount of traveling I'm doing I should be able to reach higher levels of status next year. I'm happy to have at least gotten to the lowest level of status primarily for the priority boarding  and slight increases in points I'll be receiving going forward. I should actually hit these goals sometime next week between my 6 flights, 3 hotels and 2 rental car reservations!


This is exciting stuff folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment