Monday, May 30, 2011

Jersey Shore, Memorial Day Edition

Recently I was sitting at a client hospital chatting with some of the staff before a meeting got started. We ended up discussing New Jersey. Through the course of the conversation I realized the majority of the folks in the room really didn't know anything about my home state except what they saw on TV. And unfortunately, TV isn't very kind to New Jersey...

I spent Memorial Day home in the small, beach community I grew up in. This is the New Jersey I wish folks saw (in theory through the lens of better photography but what can you do...)!

Every Memorial Day the town holds a nice ceremony and parade.

A nice parade, not a big one!
This is the Elementary School band with a few extra high schoolers and friends thrown in.


There might have been more puppies than people at the ceremony. Fortunately ours were no worse than the others.

After the ceremony there are games, races and fire truck rides at the park.



We ended up at the beach though, as per usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment