Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week in Review

It's been a long week! This time last week I was moving into my new apartment and flew to California the next morning.

Fortunately I had window seat. I'm very curious about the circle...anyone know what they are?

I much preferred the mountains though.

The Fresno airport featured large Sequoia "trees". Visalia is close to Sequoia National Park and I'm hoping I can get myself there at some point during this engagement.

The week went by well. I spent most of the work day in a classroom in the hospital's Family Birthing Center. All week I watched these women come into the center or walk in circles pushing their monitors. Occasionally I would see someone come back with balloons. But never once did I see a baby!!

After work I didn't have a ton of time to do much. We generally went out to dinner around 5 since for the most part we were keeping to EST. We ate at two Mexican restaurants and if it was up to me, I'd eat my way through every Mexican restaurant in California!

It was a long week. By Friday I was so happy to get going. I was already supposed to get into Dulles at 12am and didn't expect to be home before 1am. Meanwhile Paige was coming to visit and would arrive about 8 hours before me. Unfortunately my flight was delayed in San Francisco and then delayed again. I was happy when I landed at 1am since initially they estimated 1:30am. Unfortunately I still didn't get home until after 2am. Fortunately my colleagues and I all agreed...no more Friday meetings! So hopefully I won't be repeating this trip every month!

No comments:

Post a Comment