Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I am not a rule breaker (POLL!)

I'm just not. Knowingly breaking rules makes me uncomfortable. So when people come up to me in airports and ask me to watch their luggage while they go to the bathroom I always say no. I get that it's a hassle to take all your stuff into the bathroom with you, but I do and so can you!

I've been asked this multiple times with various reactions. Some are fine with it, understanding of my hesitancy. One guy got mad at me! Today's case felt he needed to explain the hassle (again, something I understand, not a difficult concept) and then mentioned that it was ok because he "is with the FAA anyway". Awesome.

So what do you think? Am I being uptight here? Or is this appropriate in a post 9/11 world? Take the poll to the right and feel free to comment below

1 comment:

  1. no one has ever asked me before, and i'd never dare ask anyone (fellow non rule breaker here). but i have a really hard time telling people no. i'd probably stare mute at them (trying to think of what to say) until they found someone else to ask. because i'm such an adult.

    ReplyDelete