Friday, January 21, 2011

Red Wine Tastes Better in First Class...

The apple slices are crisper, the Toblerone bars are sweeter, the sunshine is brighter and the flowers are prettier.

So I got upgraded to First Class today.

(*My name is on that board, it's just a really bad picture)
I didn't think it would actually happen! I have the lowest status on United. There is so much competition for upgrades. I fly a lot of flights with other business travelers, most of whom have higher status than I do and have had status for longer. They get all the upgrades before I do.  Which is fine. Having status/getting upgrades is a double edged sword. On the one hand, it makes your traveling experience better. On the other hand, if you're getting these upgrades, it's usually because you're away from home, family and friends more than someone with lower or no status.

Apparently no one wants to fly back from business trips in the evenings on Friday. So that's when I get upgraded.

The problem is - now I've experienced First Class. So I'm going to be very disappointed when it doesn't keep happening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment