Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Thanks Delta

I get a lot of junk mail because of my various frequent flier memberships with different airlines. I probably get a new credit card offer at least weekly. So when I got a letter from Delta I almost threw it away, the only reason why I didn't was because it was slimmer than your average credit card offer. It was, in fact, just a letter from Delta. As some might remember, I had a "marathon" day on December 20th and one of my flights ran late. Due to the delay Delta went ahead and put an extra 1000 bonus miles in my SkyMiles account.

I'm not someone who gets too worked up about airline delays. Yes, it's frustrating and if it happens I'm usually disappointed, but rarely do I blame the airlines (and I never get mad at the gate attendant). I can hardly blame Delta for bad weather. And if they need to delay my flight a little longer so they can get a fresh crew, that's fine by me! Sure, I want to get home as much as the next guy, but I want to get there safely.

So I would never expect a bonus like this from an airline. But I sure do appreciate it!  Coincidentally I booked a personal flight with Delta today. (It really was coincidental - cheapest airline with direct flights to Miami). I can't really compare Delta's response to other airlines as I haven't faced major delays with other airlines (yet).

No comments:

Post a Comment