Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Toiletry Guilt

Let me preface this with: I know this is a weird topic for a blog post...

Actually I guess I could preface a lot of my posts with that disclaimer...

Anyway.

When I travel I bring all of my toiletries with me, including shampoo/conditioner/face wash/etc. But I still take the free shampoos, lotions and soaps from the hotel and donate them to the soup kitchen (of sorts) where I volunteer from time to time.

But I usually use the bath soap they provide and always feel guilty about it! It seems so wasteful for me to use a whole bar of soap (even if it is just a little bar) for 1 shower when it could be donated to someone who needs it more than I do and can use it more often than I can.

I should probably just invest in some shower gel and start carrying that around as well.

Also, whenever I check out from a hotel I do a quick look around to ensure I'm not leaving anything behind. When I glance into the bathroom I see this one lone bottle of conditioner left on the counter. I always wonder what the housekeeping staff things about the random girl cleaning them out of toiletries, except for the conditioner.

(Sorry folks, haven't traveled in a few days and I'm scraping the bottom of the blog barrel)

1 comment:

  1. why do you leave the conditioner? the people at the soup kitchen want to have nice hair too.

    ReplyDelete