Monday, February 7, 2011

The Best Kind of Fail

I signed up recently for the Mileage Plus Dining program. If I eat at participating restaurants I get 3 United miles for every dollar I spend. There isn't much in the immediate vicinity of where I usually stay in Raleigh so I looked up what was available in the Mileage Plus Dining program and found, what looked like, a good Greek restaurant. Only when I showed up the restaurant was dark, clearly closed.

Fortunately, there were a few other options in the area. I walked up to one, Saffron, to look at the menu. There were people standing right inside the door and they opened it for me before I got to scope out even what type of food it served. Apparently it was Indian. And good Indian at that! I had Malai Chicken Tikka (Chicken marinated in yoghurt, cream and mild spices overnight).  It was delicious. I'll definitely be going back!


****


Side note - the restaurant was only 3.5 miles away but it was few turns, dark out, no light, not very well marked, etc. I had my GPS to get from the hotel to the restaurant but I didn't really think about how I was going to get back to the hotel! The hotel is fairly new and the street isn't in the GPS. Fortunately I happened to remember that there is a Hooters at the intersection near the hotel so I was able to get back...yep. Hooters. awesome.

1 comment: