Thursday, February 17, 2011

They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.

I think I need to get some distance from my blackberry. I went to bootcamp this morning (yay me) and got called out by my instructor for checking emails while stretching...at 6am.

When I fly my cell doesn't even always make it into my bag. Sometimes I keep it in my lap for the hour and it get turns on as we're touching ground. I find myself checking it constantly, even if I'm reading in bed and about to go to sleep.

I'm headed to South Beach in about 8 or 9 days for a week of vacation. I'm already stressed about it! I don't think I'll have access to internet but I'll be getting these email, reading them, and not being able to do anything about it.  It's really hard to relax by the pool when you're thinking about all the emails you need to respond to!

On the other hand I do draw the line somewhere. I just saw a Chevy Cruze commercial which offers real time facebook updates. Do you really need facebook embedded in your car??

1 comment:

  1. for the four days i'm in miami, i will forcibly remove the phone from your hands by the pool if necessary. we are going to relax (and detox from our phones) if it kills us.

    ReplyDelete