Monday, February 7, 2011

It's a Small World After All

Is that song stuck in your head now? It's in mine. Sorry!

Anyway...

I flew down to NC yesterday and drove to Emerald Isle to meet my cousin and his wife as we wait for their son (my second cousin, or first cousin once/twice removed or something like that) to arrive back on base from Afghanistan. Unfortunately his arrival kept getting pushed back, and pushed back again. He is now not supposed to arrive until 5pm today (as opposed to 8am and then 5pm Sunday). Instead I just spent the day with my cousin who I do not get to see very much as he lives in California.

My cousin is staying in the house of a friend of his from the Marines. It's a beatiful house with a very of the beach. I spent some time wandering around getting a lay of the land...only to stumble upon a picture of my very first boss! Apparently my boss and this gentleman's daughter were best friends from undergrad and she was in her wedding.

Such a small world that I could be more than 350 miles away from home, in the house of someone I don't know and stumble upon pictures of people I do know!

No comments:

Post a Comment