Monday, April 25, 2011

Radio Woes

As you may have gathered by now, I spend a lot of time traveling for work. I think I have a lot tips and tricks for work travel down. I know exactly how I want my suitcase packed, I can pack and unpack in a matter of minutes, I can get through security quickly and easily, etc.

One of the things I still struggle with, however, is the radio. I have such a hard time finding radio stations that I like. When I have longer distances to travel I prefer listening to talk radio over music. It gives me something to focus on and pay attention to, whereas I find I can zone out to music more easily. When I used to drive regularly from NC to NJ I would listen to books on my ipod. But since I'm not going to carry on yet another device (ie something to attach my ipod to in the car) I generally try to find news. I usually spend way too long scanning stations to find something I'll listen to. And then two weeks later I'm back in the town and repeating the process because I can't remember what I listened to last time!

1 comment:

  1. keep a note on your phone of different cities and radio stations!

    ReplyDelete