Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well that's new

 Locked
Unlocked

The first thing I do after entering a hotel room is lock the door. Generally I'm staying in decent places (ie Hampton Inns, not the W, but in nice enough areas) and I'm not scared for my safety or anything, but you can never be too careful.

I was a little thrown at the Hampton Inn in Concord I stayed at this week. I had never seen a lock like this before! And I wondered if it would be as effective as your standard hotel latch.


 Ironically enough after remarking about the new lock style, taking pictures of it and planning to point it out on my blog I did, in fact, get to learn that it is effective. After falling asleep Tuesday night someone tried to get into my room. I could hear them insert a keycard and then shake the door back and forth as if trying to open it. I can only imagine they thought it was their room (as is easy to do when everything looks like the same) but it startled me out of bed anyway! Definitely not my best night's sleep ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment