Thursday, April 14, 2011

What a difference a day makes!

Tuesday night on my way from DC to Des Moines I few Delta and was upgraded to first class. I've taken this flight probably 4 times now and always been upgraded, and I only have the lowest level of status on Delta.

Wednesday night I flew back from Des Moines on United through Chicago. On the Chicago to DC flight I was "eligible" for an upgrade...but so were 34 other people...and I was 29th!  So not only did I not get upgraded, but I had a middle seat.

I don't understand how some people manage to sit so still. The folks sitting on either side of me didn't seem to move at all during the flight. Just sat there nicely and did work on their computers or read. I, meanwhile, am repositioning ever five seconds. Crossing legs, uncrossing legs, stretching, one leg up on seat, 2 legs up on seat, crossing, uncrossing, repeat as necessary.

I feel bad for whichever one of my family members sits next to me on our flight to the Dominican Republic!

No comments:

Post a Comment