Friday, January 18, 2013

Because I believe a little peer pressure is a good thing

So I'm resurrecting the blog.

My cousin and I recently decided to attempt a triathlon. We started "training" for it by doing things like swimming laps for the first time in ten years and running 5 miles for the first time...ever.  We also signed up for an actual training program that starts next Saturday.  The training program is set up for a goal race on June 2nd and, if things go according to plan, we hope to do a few more across the season. Right now I'm 85 percent committed to the Olympic distance race (.93m/1500m swim, 25m/40km bike, 6.2/10km run). At the very least I'll start that training program and can drop down to Sprint distance (.5m/800m swim, 12.5m/20km bike, 3.1m/5k run) if necessary.

I'm planning to use this blog to write about my training experiences, hold myself accountable and basically peer pressure myself into seeing this sucker through. So for anyone that still checks this thing, what would you like to know about triathlon training? What would you like to see? Before/after photos? Run/bike routes?

Oh and by the way, for those that don't know, I actually am still in health care.  I'm currently attending Georgetown getting my Master's in Health System Administration. So who knows, occasionally I might post something about that as well (also I'm too busy/lazy to set up a new blog or figure out how to change the name).

No comments:

Post a Comment