Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Turkey Veggie Chili Win, Blogger Fail

So Monday night I made a pretty darn good Turkey Veggie Chili. About halfway through eating it I realized...I could brag blog about this! Unfortunately it was too late to get any good pictures of the chili situation so use your imagine (hint - it looked like chili)

Turkey Veggie Chili
Adapted from: Bethenny Frankel's Ultra-Healthy Mexican Chili

Ingredients:
1/3 medium red onion, chopped
2 tsp oil
1/2 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional/varies based on spicey preferences!)
Salt and pepper, to taste
3 cloves garlic, mined
1/2 to 1/3 red bell pepper, chopped
14.5oz can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup baby carrots, chopped
5 oz ground turkey breast

Directions:
Over medium-high heat, saute the onion and carrots in a nonstick pot in the oil
Add the chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt & pepper
Stir in the garlic and bell peppers, cook until peppers are soft (about 5 minutes)
Stir in tomato sauce
When all the vegetables are soft, add the turkey breast (about 5 minutes)
Let the chili simmer for at least 15 minutes, longer if you stand it.

Serve over brown rice with sour cream & cheese

I've made many variations of this recipe and I love that it's super flexible! Change up the meat (I've used chicken, I bet buffalo would be great as well), mix up the veggies (zucchini? sweet potato?), I've also served over Bulgar instead of brown rice...

Updated:
Training plan - off

My plan - off

Actual - Pretty sure I'll stick with the plan today!

No comments:

Post a Comment