Monday, January 21, 2013

This is why I shouldn't be given too much information...

I have so many questions and no one to answer them!

The organization running the training program Vic and I are doing just posted the training plans!  The actual orientation for the program isn't until next Saturday (at 7am...ugh) and technically the training doesn't begin until Jan 29th.  So now I just have all these questions and I have to wait for answers (I hate waiting).

Some of my questions include:

  • If I'm already running/swimming/biking longer than is prescribed on the training plan, should I keep up with what I can already do, or stick with plan?
  • Can I swap workouts around across the week?
  • When we get up to working out 6 days a week, can I take a different day as my "off" day?
  • Is there a benefit or detriment to stick with my current strength training workouts on the off days?
  • When we get up to working out 6 days a week, should I do strength training in addition to the running/swimming/biking or forgo it all together?
  • If I can't bike outside, any tips on using the gym bikes? Settings? Resistance? Hills? etc
  • What if I have to miss the training tri? Will there be other opportunities to practice transitions?
  • All the plans only have run/swim/bike times, what distances should we be expected to accomplish within those times?
  • How soon after the goal race can we expect to be able to complete another race? 
  • I saw the first happy hour is a block from my apartment, how do I make sure the future ones are as well?
I'm sure there are other things I need/want to know, this is just what I came up with in the first five minutes, and it doesn't include the questions I assume will be covered the various bike maintenance/nutrition/gear buying/etc clinics. 

Very much looking forward to getting the answers to these questions and getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment