Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Poll Results...Don't tell my professors

So as approximately 6 of you know, I've been running a poll the last few days to find out if people love or hate the Facebook statuses I post when I have a blog update.  


Let me just start off by saying, there are so many things wrong with this poll. My professors would be so disappointed... oops.

I'm asking a very biased sample, specifically people on Facebook and more specifically only those who actually click the link and access the blog to vote. Very much set up to get the answer I want (confirmation bias anyone?).  If you consider my "Facebook friends" the sample (and not a good sample at that, certainly not randomized) and the fact that only 6 people voted, there is definitely some nonresponse bias going on here too.  Not to mention, 6 votes is probably not statistically significant. Oh, and I'm sure there are problems with the wording/order/etc of the poll question.  Plus people generally  tell you what they think you want to hear (a little "social desireablility effect for good measure).

Anyway, putting that all aside the fact remains the 6 of you (Thanks family!) voted to keep the status updates. So you, and everyone else, are stuck with them!


In actual triathlon training news:

Training Plan - 22 minute run, HR zone 1 - 2

My plan - 45 (ish) minute run outside to take advantage of the temps being above freezing, get my butt kicked by the hills and my HR wayyy above zones 1 to 2.
Actual - Completed a 4.79 mile run in 47:32; averaged 9:55 minutes/mile and an average HR of 170 (about 88% max/zone 4). Lessons learned: Just because the map says there is a road there, doesn't mean there actually is. Also, those charts showing elevation aren't just an intellectual exercise, you really have to run them. And they suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment