Monday, January 28, 2013

Testing my resolve on Day 1

Day 1 of "official" triathlon training is finally here.  The plan calls for a 36 minute swim.  I had originally "scheduled" this workout to follow my class/meeting schedule for the day.  (Un?)fortunately my classes/meetings have been cancelled for the day due to (a complete lack of) serious weather conditions.

So now I have to fight against my every instinct and head to campus on a "snow" day so I can swim. I feel like this must break some kind of student rule/code/law?  I need to head out anyway so I can hit up the grocery store. For better or worse (worse, definitely worse), food will always get me out of the house and I might as well get a workout in, I guess.

I usually swim for more than 36 minutes and shoot for distance or a certain number of laps but stop every 30 laps for a 30 second break and usually swim 10 laps of breaststroke as a break for every 20 laps of freestyle.  I may shoot for swimming 36 minutes straight, all freestyle although that seems ambitious.

I'll report back.

Update:
Training plan - 36 minute swim, HR zone 1-2

My plan - swim only freestyle for as long as possible, see what happens

Actual - 36:28 minute swim, 68 lengths, avg HR 143 (74% max HR, zone 3 ish)

(PS - mere hours left on the Facebook update poll. If you haven't voted yet, please do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment