Saturday, January 19, 2013

So here's how this should work

The last few weekends my cousin, Vic, and I have set out on various longer workouts, more on those later. This week we're attempting a 10k or 6.2 mile run.  In fact, I should be getting ready for that instead of typing this post!

I wasn't kidding yesterday when I said this was my first time running 5 miles. I actually maxed out at 5.5 miles while I was home in NJ over winter break. As my Dad can attest, I've always been vehemently anti-running so I'm going to need that peer pressure I mentioned to get me through this!

Here's the route we're planning to run today:

It is a 6.2 mile route through parts of DC including Georgetown, Glover Park, Woodley Park and West End.

It has a total ascent of 229.66 ft and maximum elevation of 301.84 and includes a "Category 5" climb.  These are things that make me particularly nervous since the longer runs I've done were at the beach in New Jersey, essentially flat and at sea level!

The plan is to stop typing up this post, get my butt in gear (running so far behind) and start this run in the next 40 minutes.  Ideally I'll be back here in the next day or two with details on how it went!

No comments:

Post a Comment