Monday, March 7, 2011

Good Food, Bad Photography

So I'm back from vacation. I had a great trip and amazing weather nearly the entire time. Reality was a little harsh when arrived to DC to find cold, rainy weather. I'm sure there will be a few more posts in the days to come but in the meantime I'm sharing some of the photos of the various meals I made while in South Beach. I love to cook and was trying to be somewhat fiscally responsible so I made most of my own dinners. 

I picked up some great tilapia filets. The first I pan fried with an Old Bay/Cayenne/Panko crust.
The next night I also made tilapia but this time around I seasoned with salt, paper and a garlicy/lemon spice mix. I placed the fish in a casserole dish and topped with a little butter and lemon and baked until white and flaky. This was my favorite of the two fish dishes!

When my friend Jenny arrived I made us a taco dinner. I marinaded the chicken a "mojo" marinade and served with sauteed peppers and onions, cilantro, salsa, lettuce and rice.

We had so much cilantro left over we decided to give Cilantro Pesto a try. Frankly this was my least favorite of the bunch, although I did like it and continued to eat it for lunch. I think the aesthetics of it kept me from loving it. I kept thinking it looked and should taste like basil pesto and was ever so slightly disappointed it wasn't actual basil.

I'm going to miss having time to cook nice dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment