Monday, March 28, 2011

Truth in Advertising


 I love this sign outside one of my hospitals. I interpret it as "Slip and Falls Ahead". I am just waiting for the day when I eat it on my way into a hospital and ruin a suit. It seems like I have quite a few hospitals that get significant amounts of snow on a regular basis. I'm jealous of my male colleagues who get to wear normal shoes with traction into the hospital! I'm always in heels. It takes me twice a long to pick my way across the icy parking lot. I look ridiculous, like I don't know that they just got 8 inches of snow and why would I be wearing heels! I especially love when people point out that I'm wearing ill-advised footwear.

But what am I going to do?? When I'm in the office I'll wear my rain boots. But I can't exactly carry around a pair of rain boots all day. Or leave them to dry in Mr. VP's office. The things I do for the sake of professionalism...

No comments:

Post a Comment