Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Apparently I'm at a disadvantage

You know, I try to eat right, take care of myself, stay hydrated, etc.  But apparently I'm at a disadvantage with this triathlon training thing. Groundbreaking new research out of Granada University in Spain now shows that beer might be the drink of choice for rehydrating after a workout.

I'm not kidding

The study involved student working out until their body temperature reached 104 degrees. Half of the students were given beer and the other half were given water. Not only did the beer rehydrate better but it served a minor pain reliever for the aches and stresses of working out.

A cardiologist for the Real Madrid football team has long recommended beer to sports professionals after exhausting activities.

In theory this sounds like good news...but here's the problem....

I don't drink beer.

Maybe I should run a test on the effects of tequila?

***

(All credit goes to Vic for finding and sharing this article!)

***
Training plan - off

My plan - Cardio yoga workout & abs

Actual - I did what I set out to do: 30 min "cardio" yoga workout and the P90X ab ripper x workout

No comments:

Post a Comment