Sunday, February 3, 2013

The things I do for family...

Yep, on my tip toes
Today is my cousin's 25th birthday!  It is for that reason, and that reason only, I ran almost 6 miles outside today.  It is about 3 degrees here (ok, 30, but still) and I had already ready mentally committed to getting today's training run in on the treadmill. In fact, I had mentally committed to not running outside in temps under about 45!  But Vic wanted to run around the Mall today so run around the Mall we did.
We set out with no grand plan in mind or distance in mind. That was actually nice, I usually know how far we're going to run and then start feeling "over it" when I'm about two-thirds of the way through the run, whether it's a 3 mile run or 6 mile run.

Miles 2 & 3 miles were a real struggle for me.  The first mile was fast but then I was hating life by the second mile. Eventually I got into it and actually really enjoyed the run.

Other than the first few minutes when I turned my tracking app on before Vic was ready...my pace was actually pretty consistent (except that darn 3rd mile).
Because of the tracking app issue my overall speed is incorrect but I feel pretty confident it was below a 10 min/mile!

Training plan - 36 minute run

My plan - treadmill run, shooting for something longer than 36 minutes

Actual - 5.7 mile birthday run!

No comments:

Post a Comment